- What are your candles made of? Glorified By Society’s no fragrance added candles are made with coconut soy wax, and crackling wooden wicks. Glorified By Society's scented candles are made with coconut soy wax, crackling wooden wicks, and high quality, perfume-grade, phthalate-free, mutagen-free, and carcinogen-free fragrance oils. Just wax, wick, and scent with no other additives or dyes.
- How long do your candles last? That depends on a lot of different factors. The temperature of your house. How long you burn them for. Whether or not you trim your wick. As a general rule, our 9oz candles last approximately 55-60 hours. 14 oz candles burn for 75-80 hours, Again, this can vary.
- Why should I trim the wick and only burn your candles for 3-4 hours at a time? These are standard instructions and good practices for any candle, and are meant to prolong a candle’s burn time. Keeping the wick trimmed and burning 3-4 hours at a time slows everything down so you get more out of your purchase. Additionally, burning your candle for 3-4 hours at a time ensures that the wax melts all the way to the edge of the container. The melted wax (not the flame) is what gives off your candle’s scent. Burning your candle for a minimum of 2 hours will also prevent your candle from “tunneling”, or burning a hole down the center of the candle while leaving a ring of un-melted wax along the inside of the container.
- Where are you candles made? All of our candles are hand-poured and hand-packaged in our home workshop here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Due to COVID protocols, our workshop is not open to the public.
- Do you have a store I can visit in-person? We are a very small start-up company who have only launched our business in the first quarter of 2022. In time we hope to grow our business and make our product more accessible with product placements in retail stores.
- Where do you get your materials? We try to support local as much as possible. Our vessels are purchased from a small business in Windsor. Our coconut soy wax is purchased from a small business in Huntsville, and our fragrances are purchased from several small businesses in Vancouver and the GTA.
- How quickly will my order ship? Since we are a small business that does everything ourselves, orders will be processed and shipped or ready for pickup in 2-5 days.
- Are you an environmentally conscious company? Yes, we work very hard at ensuring our products are sustainable, renewable, recyclable and/or reusable. Our vessels can be reused or recycled, and all of our packaging is recyclable and biodegradable. Our packing peanuts can even be dissolved in water!
- Can I buy your products wholesale to sell them in my store? Absolutely! To learn more about joining our growing list of wholesale partners, contact us.
- Do you take custom or gift orders? We do! If you have a special event coming up, and want something super personal and creative, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a DM on Instagram @glorifiedbysociety to work with us. We can customize any candle with your favourite scent, and can also create custom labels for you. Custom orders have a 15 item minimum order quantity, with different vessels available.
- Can thank you cards be personalized for gifts? Of course! Leave us a note on the checkout page, send us an email (email@example.com), or DM us on Instagram @glorifiedbysociety to let us know who to address it to.
- Do you accept returns? Due to COVID, we are not currently accepting returns. If, however, you are not satisfied with your product, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find a solution.